Monday 20 August 2007

That'll be me poughing with Oxen...



After a bit of a wait for the rainstorm to pass at 8am on Saturday morning i got the "chance of a lifetime"?! Francis gave me the chance to plough a couple of furrows in Calvary family's 'garden'. Francis is a fellow Man Utd supporter so we kinda clicked, as is Silva, who took the photos for me.

He told me it was just like riding a bike, just a matter of balance. I seemed to make hard work of it compared to him in his wellies, but he said i was good. i think he says that to everyone, but i'll take a compliment wherever i can find it!

My other first was driving the car to go and pick up the girls from the Clays. They are staying about a mile off site with a family from Oxford. The road is a real adventure, multiplied somewhat by the wetness of the ground. The girls have video'd it, you have got to see it. It is a dirt track at best and passes a number of houses in the bush.


I am so impressed with how the girls are handling themselves and all the challenges they are being faced with. They are getting on amazingly well, and are keen to get stuck in at every opportunity. They are definitely a pleasure to have around. I told them at Birmingham airport that I believed that God had handpicked each one of them for the team - and i haven't changed my mind yet ;o).

Oh one last thing, Asher was sick twice last night, and came out with a bizarre rash this morning, he seems fine at the moment. We pray that continues!

That's all from me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So,Mark, is this how you will be tackling your back garden on your return?!!??! I'm sure we could find some oxen from somewhere for you!!

Anonymous said...

i don't think the oxen will fit in the hand luggage... nor will i have the guy shouting the Lugandan instructions.

I can see it could be a good solution to the back garden problem though!