Tuesday 17 July 2007

Where is New Hope?

It is very possible that I am the only one really bothered about this, but just in case I am not, I thought I would share my findings.

It took a bit of a random route to find - some geeky gps/waypoint tracking website; an American camera man who happened to go there... I had to sign up and there it gave me the exact coordinates. The centre is around 3 miles WNW of the small village of Kiwoko. I can't seem to find it on Google Maps, but you can on Google Earth.

The coordinates are:
N 0° 51' 08.4600" E 32° 20' 12.8400" [or N 00° 51.141 E 032° 20.214]

Here are the piccies from Google Earth. Click on the image and look out for the yellow peg:




P.S. Yes you are right it is completely in the middle of nowhere...

1 comment:

Emily said...

This could be interesting to get to!